- Created: 19 March 2011 19 March 2011
- Last Updated: 11 September 2012 11 September 2012
- Hits: 7549 7549
UPDATE MON 21 MAR 2011 As we predicted, the Armed Forces Pay Review Body's annual report containing its recommendations for armed forces pay for the ensuing financial year has just been released online. The Secretary of State has confirmed that the recommendations will be implemented in full from 1 Apr 2011. The key recommendations and links to the full AFPRB report and today's DIB are shown below:
• An increase of £250 in military salaries for those earning £21,000 or less, inclusive of X-factor;
• Targeted pay measures:
– Restructuring and uplift of Specialist Pay for Explosive Ordnance Disposal Operators and Royal Marine Mountain Leaders;
– New Financial Retention Incentives for Marine Engineer Submariner personnel and changes to Specialist Pay;
– Introduction of a ‘Golden Hello’ for direct entrant Pharmacists;
– Increase to the rate of the Northern Ireland Residents’ Supplement and its extension to cover Full Time Reserve Service and Northern Ireland based Reserve Forces personnel;
• A 1.4 per cent increase to Grade 1 Service Families Accommodation and Single Living Accommodation rental charges and lower graduated increases below Grade 1;
• A Daily Food Charge of £4.25 (an increase of 2.9 per cent).
Please note that the above is an archived article and is not being kept up to date.